H.E.Mr Farid BOULAHBEL is a career diplomat since September 1987.
He is a graduate of the National School of Administration (Diplomatic Section).
He is aged 56 years and married.
2009-2015: Director “Northern and Southern Asia” – MOFA.
2004-2009: Minister Counselor: Algerian Embassy Brussels (Bilateral Embassy to the Kingdom of Belgium and Grand –Duchy of Luxembourg) and Deputy Head of the Mission to European Union.
In those capacities he was:
- The contact person of the Algerian Mission for “European Security and Defense Policy”;
- Representative of the Algerian Mission within the “Mediterranean Cooperation Group” of the Northern Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO Headquarters – Brussels).
2002-2004: Director “Cooperation with European Union and European Institutions” –MOFA, and Member of the Inter-ministerial Committee in charge of the negotiations of the Association Agreement “Algeria – EU”.
2001-2002: Director “Cooperation with European Union” – MOFA.
1997-2001: Deputy Director “Partnership with European Union” – MOFA.
1996-1997: Desk chief “Iberian Peninsula” in the Europe department – MOFA.
1992-1996: First Secretary at the Algerian Embassy Brussels accredited to the Kingdom of Belgium and Grand –Duchy of Luxembourg.
1991-1992: Desk Chief “Sub-regional Organization of (the former) Organization of African Unity” – MOFA.
1987-1989: military service.
1987: Desk Chief in charge of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania at Eastern and Southern Africa Sub Department – MOFA.
Spoken Languages: Arabic, French and English.
Activities in relation with African Institutions:
- Member of the Algerian Delegation taking part in the 28th Summit of the former Organization of African Unity (Dakar, June-July 1992).
- Participation in Ministerial meetings (transport and telecommunications of ECA (Addis Ababa, April-May 1991).
- Member of the Algerian delegation to the Commission of the UN General Assembly in charge of Decolonization, New York. (October-December 1991).
- « Algeria and the Association Agreement with the European Union » at the Institute for Diplomacy and International Relations, IDRI, Algiers.
- « Algeria and the Mediterranean Dialogue with NATO » at the Naval Forces Command of the Popular National Army.
- « Algeria and the Association Agreement with the European Union » – M’sila University on behalf of the Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- « Algeria and the Association Agreement with the European Union » at the Mediterranean Academy of Diplomatic Studies – University of Malta.
- « Algeria’s progress regarding the implementation of the Ottawa Convention on Antipersonnel Mines » – North Atlantic Council – NATO Headquarters – Brussels.