Fourteen (14) athletes will represent Algeria at the 2017 World Cross Country Championships, scheduled for March 26th in Kampala, Uganda. Algeria will be represented by six juniors (boys), six seniors (ladies), a junior (girl) and a senior (man).
Algeria’s Teams & Some Previous Championships
African Championships – Tunisia, 21 and 22 May 2005 – Combined Events and Race Walking.
Algeria took two golds, and the hosts Tunisia and South Africa one victory a piece
- In Combined Events, Algeria’s Sarra Bouaoudia won the women’s Heptathlon with 5492 points.
- In Race Walking, Algeria’s Bahia Boussaid won the women’s 20km Race Walk.
IAAF World Championships in Athletics in Helsinki. August 2005
- Algeria’s Triple Jump record holder Baya Rahouli will head the Algerian team at the 10th IAAF World Championships in Athletics in Helsinki. Raouli’s consistent season was capped on 1 July when she set the second best performance in the world this year (14.98m) to win the Mediterranean Games in Almeria.
- In total the Algerian team includes 9 athletes with defending 800m World champion Said Djabir Guerni the best male representative.
- At 1500m, Algeria will be represented by three athletes: Tarek Boukensa (3.34.68), World Junior finalist Zerguelaine Antar (3.34.90) and Kamel Boulahfane (3.35.22).
- 2000 Olympic silver medallist Ali Saidi-Sief will line-up at 5000m and Belhout Said in the Marathon.
For the first time in its history, Algeria has also entered an athlete in the men’s Long Jump, Nima Issam, who managed to qualify for Helsinki with an excellent 8.11m.
For more informations :