Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations/18 April 1961: 14 April 1964 (accession)
Algeria belongs to the following international organizations:
- African Development Bank –Founding member – Khartoum, 04th August 1963.
- African Union – Founding member -Addis Abeba, 25th May 1963.
- Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa. Founding member – Algiers 28th November 1973. Established pursuant to the resolution of the 6th Arab Summit Conference at Algiers (28th November 1973).
- Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development – Founding member – Arab League decision on 16th May 1968.
- Arab Maghreb Union – Founding member – Marrakech 17th February 1989.
- Arab Monetary Fund. Founding member 1976.
- Bank for International Settlements
- Food and Agriculture Organization. 19th November 1963.
- Group of 15 – 1989.
- Group of 24 – 1971.
- Group of 77. 15th June 1964.First Ministerial Meeting of the Group of 77 in Algiers (Algeria) on 10 – 25 October 1967, which adopted the « Charter of Algiers”, a permanent institutional structure.
- International Atomic Energy Agency – 1963.
- International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (World Bank) – 26th September 1963.
- International Chamber of Commerce. Algerian Court member: Mr Nasr-Eddine Lezzar.
- International Civil Aviation Organization – Council Member State –
- International Confederation of Free Trade Unions
- International Criminal Court (signatory).
- International Criminal Police Organization – 21 August 1963.
- International Development Association – 26 September 1963.
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- International Finance Corporation
- International Fund for Agricultural Development – 26th May 1978.
- International Hydrographic Organization
- International Labour Organization
- International Maritime Organization
- International Monetary Fund – 26 September 1963.
- International Olympic Committee – 01st July 1963.
- International Organization for Migration
- International Organization for Standardization
- International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- International Telecommunication Union – 03rd May 1963.
- Islamic Development Bank – member of the Board of Governors.
- League of Arab States – 16th August 1962.
- Multilateral Investment Geographic Agency
- Nonaligned Movement – Founding member 1961. Before the independence at the First Conference of Heads of State and Government of the Non-Aligned Countries – Belgrade 03rd September 1961.
- Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons. Signature: 13/01/1993- Ratification: 14/08/1995 –
Entry into Force: 29/04/1997.
- Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (partner).
- Organization of American States (observer).
- Organization of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries
- Organization of the Islamic Conference – 1969.
- Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries – 1969.
- United Nations – 08th October 1962.
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
- United Nations Educational
- Scientific and Cultural Organization
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization
- Universal Postal Union – 10th January 1907. Succession.
- World Customs Organization – 19th December 1966.
- World Health Organization
- World Intellectual Property Organization – 1975.
- World Meteorological Organization
- World Tourism Organization – 1976.
- World Trade Organization (observer).
- Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of Anti-Personnel Mines – Signature 03 December 1997 – Ratification 09 October 2001, entered into force on 1 April 2002.